No matter what power you have, you need energy for it. There are 7 types of energy called Chakra. Everyone have all types of them basically. Here are the very brief explanation.
- Root Chakra: Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded for survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Sacral Chakra: Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. It enable us for Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. it is for Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra: Our ability to love, joy, inner peace.
- Throat Chakra: Our ability to communicate, get self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Third Eye Chakra: Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. Here are the Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown Chakra: Our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It is inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
If you would like to understand the Chakra more, click here.
When you consider the ideas from western psychologist like Sigmund Freud (Sex and aggressiveness as the basic motivation drives) and Abraham Maslow (Maslow Hierarchy: Physiological, safety, love/belonging, self-esteem and self-actualisation needs). These chakra can fit to their ideas somehow that survival issues and sex are the basic energy for human at least.
and here are the ways human commonly do with his own energy.
The basic needs like food, shelter, clothes especially health support can give you energy especially the Root Chakra. This energy is the foundation for other types or energy also. Thus, you have to take the heathy food, sleep well and exercise to build up this energy.
Normally, one “Releases” 2,000 kcal for each day, so store our energy less or equal to 2,000 kcal. If you got older, may be 1,500 kcal since the metabolism got older also. Your mind plays the important roles here. If your mind let you have food that more than the required calories, it means obesity that harm the root chakra not boost it!
The basic activity toward your energy. If you are hungry, eat. If you feel horny, have sex. If you are angry, knock someone. If you feel sad, cry. However, the society teaches us not to release. Human is driven by the pleasure principle, which strives for immediate gratification of all desires, wants, and needs otherwise the result is a state anxiety or tension.
You have your own sense of right and wrong from society, so you have to “incorrectly then carelessly” repress your energy. For example, if the culture or religion you live in is against sex, you will keep repressing Sacral Chakra. If you have been taught not to express any anger or sadness, Throat Chakra is repressed. Repressors wear the poker face, and they are unhealthy, please see how the subconscious mind plays role here.
Instead of repressing (even releasing), transform your energy to the other type. Dale Carnegie, the author of Think and Grow Rich, suggested one of the ways to transform sex to aggressiveness that we can put our effort to improve ourselves stronger, richer and smarter so that we are attractive to the opposite gender. That is how we transform the Sacral Chakra to other aggressive types.
Since some types of energy like Third eyes chakra and Crown Chakra need “no effort” to transform energy, meditation, the art of non-doing comes to transform energy. You can check the way to meditation here.
Now you understand more about the energy. With full awareness, you can use it wisely!